NCAAHPERD-SM Executive Director Job Description
Background: The NCAAHPERD-SM Executive Director is responsible for the overall coordination of the organization’s annual activities. Job responsibilities have been divided into the following five broad categories as seen below. This position is part-time (20 hours a week) with hours to be jointly determined by the Executive Director and Executive Board as approved by the NCAAHPERD-SM Board.
To Apply: Interested parties are invited to email a copy of your Vita/Resume along with a personal statement about your plans for NCAAHPERD-SM should you be hired to NCAAHPERD-SM President Carmyn Glynn at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an ongoing request and will be posted until filled.
- Clerical/Fiscal: It is the responsibility of the Executive Director to oversee and direct all clerical and financial operations of the organization on an on-going basis. These functions are vital to the overall success of the organization and include items such as:
- Oversees the total budget for the organization as a whole as well as monitoring association budgets.
- Responsible for taxes and associated non-profit filings.
- Provides proper stewardship for organization funds with strategies for generating consistent revenues.
- Oversees grant opportunities and pursues grants for NCAAHPERD-SM as well as other grants with associations.
- Prepares monthly newsletter to be sent to members.
- Communicates to Webmaster on promotional activities. If no webmaster is designated, the Executive Director is responsible for maintaining the Google calendar of all events and share with members, working closely with the Journal Editor and assists in recruiting more entries into the journal, and organizes webinars and/or workshops as directed.
- Annual State Convention: It is the responsibility of the Executive Director to oversee and direct all activities of the organization related to the smooth operation of the annual convention. These functions are vital to the overall success of this event and include items such as:
- Oversees convention programming, to include digital format and other social media communications to keep members engaged and updated prior to, during, and after the convention.
- Adheres to deadlines governed by the Board for convention materials.
- Works closely with the President and Executive Committee on finalizing future convention locations.
- Works closely with the President-Elect and Association’s President-Elects on convention speakers and presenters.
- Works to establish a smooth and timely process for online convention registration and on-site registration process.
- Works closely with Exhibits Manager (Nancy Abel - volunteer) on recruiting sponsors and vendors for the convention and other items that may include: getting food or snacks donated for vendors and volunteers, vendor sponsors for coffee breaks, etc.
III. Organizational Promotion: It is the responsibility of the Executive Director to oversee and direct all activities related to organizational promotion and greater levels of on-going communication. These functions are vital to the overall success of our organization and include items such as:
- Works to promote and advise Alliance and all Associations events.
- Represents NCAAHPERD-SM at all statewide events such as Superintendent meetings, Higher Education events, and others as designated.
- Assists Associations in seeking ways to promote their association through increased communication and increasing value for their members.
- Represents NCAAHPERD-SM at events of sister organization such as NCADA, NCHSAA, etc.
- Represents NCAAHPERD-SM at Southern District and National SHAPE Convention as well as exploring ways to promote TOYs at these events.
- Advocacy Services: It is the responsibility of the Executive Director to advise and support all activities related to increasing advocacy services both inside and outside the organization. These functions are vital to the overall success of our organization and include items such as:
- Supports Advocacy Committee by attending meetings, conference calls, or events requested by Advocacy Committee Chair.
- Assures appropriate advocacy efforts at the local, state, and national levels as directed.
- Membership Services: It is the responsibility of the Executive Director to advise and support all activities related to increasing membership levels. These functions are vital to the overall success of our organization and include items such as:
- Develops programs and initiatives designed to increase membership.
- Promotes all events on social media avenues such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Assists with all Association fundraisers and other membership efforts as directed.
- Joint Projects: Helps to recruit more schools to participate in Jump Rope and Hoops and serves as the representative at meetings.
- Utilizes designated regional representatives to assist in promotion efforts.
- Develops an annual membership drive. For example, plans with Associations for membership drive at January Board Meeting for April membership drive.
- Works with Executive Committee on promotional items (fliers, etc.)
- Assists the Advocacy Committee efforts.
- Maintains a list of all members and their 1st and 2nd choice Associations.
- Assists with PELT and other annual professional development events currently in place.