Dance Association for North Carolina Educators
To provide leadership, continuing education training and opportunities for education professionals within North Carolina and dance communities.
DANCE awards are presented at the NCAAHPERD-SM Convention! Come and join us as we honor our award winners! We are very proud of them, and we know you will be too!
Deadline: The deadline for all NCAAHPERD-SM awards is April 15 of each year.
Please take a minute to think of colleagues, teachers, administrators, college students you feel are deserving of recognition,
DANCE Annually Recognizes:
- Provide leadership development opportunities for dance educators to conduct sessions at the NCAAHPERD-SM Convention and other special continuing education programs.
- Network and advocate with other arts agencies at the state legislative level to implement strong dance/arts education programs based on the NC Standards for Arts Education and National Standards for Arts Education.
- Provide continuing education opportunities via the NCAAHPERD-SM Convention.
- Stay current of resources in dance curriculum and program development including professional development, teacher preparation, technology, education, medicine, science, somatics, and performance.
- Increase membership and financial resources to enhance strong DANCE programs.
- Initiate and model professional practices that promote creative healthy lifestyles through dance curricula, programs, and workshops.
- Collaborate with other Alliance structures and external partnerships to promote the mission of the Dance Association for North Carolina Educator