Dance Association for North Carolina Educators
DANCE awards are presented at the NC SHAPE Convention in November! Come and join us as we honor our award winners! We are very proud of them, and we know you will be too!
Nominations and applications for DANCE Awards are accepted at all times of the year, however, the deadline is May 1, of the current year. Nominations or applications made after that date will be considered for the following year.
Please take a minute to think of colleagues, teachers, administrators, college students you feel are deserving of recognition.
DANCE Annually Recognizes:
- DANCE Educators of the Year must be members of NC SHAPE and DANCE.
- Currently teaching in North Carolina.
- All DANCE award recipients must demonstrate support and dedication to the mission and goals of the DANCE Association.
- Dance Educators must have at least five years of experience in a K-12 setting or at the college/university level.
- Dance educators must have a degree and certification in teaching and be a full-time teacher at the time of application submission.
Each nominee must:
- Each nominee must demonstrate leadership in developing and implementing or directing and coordinating effective dance education programs.
- Each nominee should show volunteer service to local state or national professional arts organizations within their own school system.
- Each nominee should show evidence of service to local schools, districts, state or community organizations.
- Each nominee should submit one letter of support from an administrator, a parent or child/student or from a fellow teacher.