Benton Convention Center, 301 W 5th St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Keynoters & Featured Presenters: We are pleased to announce that we have secured the services of five nationally-recognized keynoters and presenters for this year's State Convention! They include:
- Dr. Bob Pangrazi (Arizona)! Bob Pangrazi is one of the world's most recognized physical education gurus! Pangrazi is a Professor Emeritus at Arizona State University and an Educational Consultant for Gopher Sport. He is the author of two best selling textbooks - Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary School Children and Dynamic Physical Education for Secondary School Students. These two textbooks have sold more than 750,000 copies. This is Bob's first appearance at NCAAHPERD-SM.
- Joey Feith (Canada)! Joey Feith is the founder of ThePhysicalEducator.com and one of the most followed #PEGeeks on the planet!He currently teaches elementary physical education at St. George’s School of Montreal in Quebec, Canada. This is Joey's first appearance at NCAAHPERD-SM as well!
- Aaron Hart (New York)! Aaron Hart is the person behind US Games' OPEN platform. With over 50,000 users, Aaron may be the most incredible physical education innovator this generation has ever produced! Aaron is the creator of OPEN and the Director of Educational Programs for US Games. He has co-authored several nationally recognized physical education curriculum projects and specializes in web-based content delivery. This is Aaron's first appearance at NCAAHPERD-SM as well!
- The Expert Teacher & Coach John Smith (National Elementary PE Teacher of the Year)! John has been thrilling crowds his is insightful presentations, interesting student stories, and teaching insights for many years. Attendees will be excited to note that he is both a National Physical Education TOY and National Basketball Coach of the Year as well!
- The Ever-Delightful Chip Candy (National Middle School PE Teacher of the Year)! Chip has been presenting across the United States for decades - from California to New Jersey, Florida to Maine. Interestingly enough, this will be Chip's first appearance at the NCAAHPERD-SM State Convention.
Important NC Teacher Renewal Credit Information: Participants are able to earn up to 1.6 renewal credits by attending this year’s 3-day event.
Literacy and Technology Credits are available. Please see the Sched Program Book for a complete list of sessions eligible for literacy and technology. This should be available by August 1, 2019.
Discount Lodging Options: Reserve your room with us to receive a discount and specials include complimentary evening beverages and breakfast at the two hotels listed below. Please note that this is a time-limited room block hold. Both hotels are a short 2-minute walk to the Benton Convention Center. It is strongly advised to secure your discounted hotel rooms before 9/15/2019 as many were locked out on these lower rates last year!
** These special rates include a full cooked-to-order breakfast buffet per guest and two drink coupons per daily stay.**
** Please note that last year (2018) many of you were unable to get rooms at the Marriott and Embassy Suites because they were sold out 30-days prior to the State Convention. We are re-negotiated our contact and they will honor the rates seen above as long as they have 20% of their rooms available for other guests. Once they reach this threshold, the rates jump up to their regular customer rates. It is STRONGLY advised that individuals wanting to stay at these two hotels book their room no later than 9/15/2019.
Lastly, State Convention Registration Details: As always, individuals who are able to register early for our State Convention will be able to take advantage of discounted rates. These include:
- Discounted "Early" Rates ($85 for NCAAHPERD-SM Members; $140 otherwise) > Before August 1, 2019.
- Regular Convention Rate ($95 for NCAAHPERD-SM Members; $150 otherwise) > Before September 30, 2019.
- "Last Minute" & OnSite Registration Rate ($110 for NCAAHPERD-SM Members; $175 otherwise): October 1st on.
- Note: There is a $25 processing fee for any requested refunds.