Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Keynoters & Featured Presenters: We are pleased to announce that we have secured the services of four nationally-recognized keynoters and presenters for this year's State Convention! They include:
- The Fantastic Jim DeLine (Texas)! Jim is a veteran physical education teacher from Austin, Texas. For the past 20+ years, he had delighted K-12 physical education teachers with his witty and upbeat keynotes and practical physical education workshops.
- The World-Famous Beth Kirkpatrick (Iowa)! Beth has been wowing K-12 audiences in all 50 states and around the world! Her positive and motivational speeches are transformation, funny, and entertaining.
- The Expert Teacher & Coach John Smith (National Elementary PE Teacher of the Year)! John has been thrilling crowds his is insightful presentations, interesting student stories, and teaching insights for many years. Attendees will be excited to note that he is both a National Physical Education TOY and National Basketball Coach of the Year as well!
- The Ever-Delightful Chip Candy (National Middle School PE Teacher of the Year)! Chip has been presenting across the United States for decades - from California to New Jersey, Florida to Maine. Interestingly enough, this will be Chip's first appearance at the NCAAHPERD-SM State Convention!
1st Call Reminder for Proposals: NCAAHPERD-SM is now accepting 1st call breakout session proposals for this year’s event. We are seeking the most exciting, motivated, and energetic presenters on the planet!
- Please click on the highlighted link for details.
- All program proposals are due June 10th.
Important NC Teacher Renewal Credit Information: Participants are able to earn up to 1.6 renewal credits by attending this year’s 3-day event.
Literacy and Technology Credits are available, but they are not in addition to the total credits for the day. For example, if you attend 5 literacy sessions, you can receive .5 Literacy CEU's and .1 Healthful Living CEU, to make up a total of .6 CEU's. Please see the program book for a complete list of sessions eligible for literacy and technology.
Discount Lodging Options: Reserve your room with us to receive a discount and specials include complimentary evening beverages and breakfast at the two hotels listed below:
Lastly, Registration Details: As always, individuals who are able to register early will be able to take advantage of discounted rates. These include:
- Discounted "Early" Rates ($75 for NCAAHPERD-SM Members; $120 otherwise): April 2 - September 30, 2018
- Regular Convention Rate ($85 for NCAAHPERD-SM Members; $130 otherwise): October 1 - October 15, 2018
- "Last Minute" Registration Rate ($100 for NCAAHPERD-SM Members; $145 otherwise): October 16 - November 1, 2018. We will accept on-site registrations at the above "Last Minute" Rate as well.
- Note: There is a $25 processing fee for any requested refunds.