2020 Adapted PE College/University Teacher of the Year
Jan 15, 2020 - Aug 15, 2020
- Member of NCAAHPERD-SM.
- Demonstrates evidence of excellence in teaching physical education and dedication to the mission and principles of the Adapted PE Association and NCAAHPERD-SM.
NC APE College/University TOY- Requirements
- Must be a NCAAHPERD-SM member at the time of the nomination.
- Teaching 5 years in the level of award
- Upload: Two Letters of Recommendation: One from a colleague and one from an administrator/supervisor.
- Upload: Completed Cover Page.
- Upload: Written Statement: No more than 5 pages.
- Nominator needs to let the nominee know they are being recommended for this award as NCAAHPERD-SM membership is required as seen in #1 above.
Written Statement: Each candidate must demonstrate outstanding leadership/service on three out of the four of the specific contributions criteria as follows:
- Position of Leadership in developing and implementing or directing/coordinating effective programs within the TOY category;
- Meritorious Service through involvement at local, state, district or national level or at the school or community level;
- Outstanding Board/Committee Service within an NC SHAPE or SHAPE America physical education structure or other professional organizations at the state, district or national level as an officer or committee member;
- Other Evidence of Leadership and Service to the profession through three of the following: teaching, publications, presentations, funded research or programs, special projects, or physical education-related activities.
Application Documents: Please download the Cover Page as seen below. This page is to be filled out and uploaded along with your Written Statement and two Letters of Recomendation as the last step in applying for this award. If you have any questions, please contact Artie Kamiya, Executive Director (919) 818-6486 or Artie@NCSHAPE.org.
(1) Cover Page
(Click to download word doc) to be submitted along with the following two items:
(2) Written Statement
(3) Letters of Recommendation
Please fill out the form completely.
When submitting award forms please:
Members: Login to your account. Once you login on each of award page, click "New Submission."
Must be an NCAAHPERD-SM member at the time of the nomination.
Award Deadline: Tentatively August 15th due to Coronavirus. However, the Selection Committee can decide to close this as soon as an adequate number of quality applications have been secured. In other words, please submit now!
To make a submission either: register