2020 Adapted Physical Education Teacher of the Year
Jan 15, 2020 - Apr 15, 2020
Background: Elementary, Middle, High School and Adapted PE TOYs advance to compete for similar honors in the SHAPE Southern District. Please note that SHAPE America membership is required for District and National TOY awards.
- Member of NCAAHPERD-SM and the NCPEA.
- Demonstrates evidence of excellence in teaching physical education and dedication to the mission and principles of the NCPEA and NCAAHPERD-SM.
- If selected as a NCPEA TOY, will need to join SHAPE America in order to advance to District and National selections.
NCPEA TOY- Requirements
- Must be a NCAAHPERD-SM member at the time of the nomination.
- Teaching 5 years in the level of award
- Two Letters of Recommendation: One from a colleague and one from an administrator/supervisor.
- Nominator needs to let the nominee know they are being recommended for this award as NCAAHPERD-SM membership is required as seen in #1 above.
Questions for the Nominee- To be answered after nomination review.
- How are your beliefs about teaching demonstrated in your personal teaching style?
- What can you do to strengthen and improve the teaching profession?
- What is and/or should be the basis for accountability in the teaching profession?
Please fill out the form completely.
When submitting award forms please:
Members: Login to your account. Once you login on each of award page, click "New Submission."
Must be an NCAAHPERD-SM member at the time of the nomination.
Award Deadline is April 15th of each year.
To make a submission either: register