2019 DANCE College/University Teacher of the Year
Jan 15, 2019 - May 16, 2019
- DANCE Educators of the Year must be members of NCAAHPERD-SM and DANCE.
- All DANCE award recipients must demonstrate support and dedication to the mission and goals of the DANCE Association.
- Dance Educators must have at least five years experience in a K-12 setting or at the college/university level.
- If planning to advance to District and National levels, the dance educator must be a current SHAPE America member.
- Dance educators must have a degree and certification in teaching and be a full-time teacher at the time of application submission.
- Each nominee must demonstrate leadership in developing and implementing or directing and coordinating effective dance education programs.
- Each nominee should show volunteer service to local state or national professional arts organizations within their own school system.
- Each nominee should show evidence of service to local schools, districts, state or community organizations.
- Each nominee should submit one letter of support from an administrator, a parent or child/student or from a fellow teacher.
- Minimum five years of teaching experience.
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a colleague and the other from an administrator/supervisor.
- Nominator needs to let the teacher know they are being recommended for an award, at the time of nomination. This will give the nominee time to become a member of NCAAHPERD-SM. Also, this will allow them to accept the nomination as well if they do not accept it...then they can notify the nomination and the association can pull that name from the list of nominees.
Please fill out the form completely.
When submitting award forms please:
Members: Login to your account. Once you login on each of award page, click "New Submission."
Award Deadline: April 15th of each year.