2019 North Carolina Student Majors Association (NCSMA) Proposals
Jan 15, 2019 - May 16, 2019
Please note that preference will be given to undergraduate and graduate students wanting to present. Thanks for considering to share your knowledge and skill to benefit the NCAAHPERD-SM Student Majors family!
A Word of Greetings from the SMA Advisors: Shonna Snyder (Gardner Webb) & Judy Fowler (UNC Greensboro)
Background: In order to plan for a productive State Convention experience for our undergraduate students, we are asking your support of a new State Convention format as described below:
Thursday: On this day, there will be a "Student Majors Track."
- First Morning Breakout: This will be a dedicated "Meet & Greet" session led by the US Games OPEN Cadre of National Presenters. The goal of this session is to get all of the state's pre-service teachers and their professors to get to know one another, interact in fun & upbeat activities and become more engaged with their Student Majors Association.
- Thursday Morning Keynote with Dr. Bob Pangrazi: We will reserve a dedicated seating location for all college and universities at the front of audience, recognize the professors at each institution and ask alumni to stand as each institution is introduced as well.
- Second Morning Breakout Session: We will gather together as a group and invite one of the keynoters (either Dr. Pangrazi or Joey Feith) to do a motivational speech and/or activity session with Q&A follow-up.
- Lunch/SMA Business Meeting: During the Lunch Break, we would like all all college and universities to gather at a nearby establishment TBD. During this time we plan on conducting the SMA Business Meeting.
- First Afternoon Breakout Session: We will gather together as a group and invite one of the keynoters (either Dr. Pangrazi or Joey Feith) to do a motivational speech and/or activity session with Q&A follow-up.
- ** Second Afternoon Breakout Session: This session will be an interactive panel discussion with 1st-3rd year teachers identified by College/University Professors to speak to our preservice teachers. We are currently requesting assistance to identify a 4-6 member panel for this event.
Friday: On Friday, there will be no specific SMA Track. Student majors with Faculty Staff are encouraged to submit their sessions on this day.
Other: We will be promoting a Twitter Challenge on this day. As students attend sessions they are to Tweet with certain hashtags (i.e., #SMA19) with prizes given at the end of the day for the most engaged college or university and/or a random drawing from those who Tweeted.
- We will also have an SMA Table to sell T-shirts.
*Contact: Please feel free to contact Shonna Snyder (ssnyder1@Gardner-Webb.edu) or Judy Fowler (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. Many thanks!
HOW TO APPLY: Please read the "Instructions" section below and note the following:
- For Current NCAAHPERD-SM Members: If you are an NCAAHPERD-SM member, please login to your account first. Once you are logged in, please click on the green "New Submission" button as seen below to start your proposal.
- Non-Members: Click on the green highlighted text - "Register." You will not be charged to register at this time.
Important Notes: Please note that only the lead presenter (person submitting this form) will be notified of the proposal's acceptance or rejection. The lead presenter is responsible for notifying the other presenters of the program's status. This includes notifying the other presenters with time and date of your session.
All presenters listed on this submission form MUST agree to the following: