Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Dear Wonderful NC SHAPE Members:
It is with deep regret to announce the scheduled 2021 NC SHAPE State Convention (October 31-November 2, 2021) will be postponed to a yet-to-be-determined date later in the 2021-2022 school year.
- As you may know, two states (Oklahoma & Georgia) have decided to change their original dates due to COVID as well.
- The State Convention Committee will be meeting this afternoon at 4:00 PM to discuss the available options we have at this time to re-schedule.
- Once this has been determined, the Executive Committee will meet in quick order to act on the Convention Committee's recommendations.
Please expect an official announcement at the beginning of next week. Perhaps by Tuesday, September 21st. Please note the following three important items:
- No Need to Re-Register: Individuals who have pre-registered will have the option to transfer their State Convention fees to the new 2022 date and/or request a refund.
- New Hybrid Format: The NC SHAPE Executive Committee has approved moving to a Hybrid State Convention Format. This will allow for in-person and virtual attendance by all attendees.
Just In Case: Pre-Recorded Videos: We are requesting all accepted State Convention Presenters plan to submit a 45-minute pre-recorded video to us by January 31, 2022. This is in case the re-scheduled 2022 dates are affected by COVID. More details to follow...
- This will also provide the ability for all registered attendees to earn more than the in-person 1.6 CEU credits. Actually, up to 3.0 CEUs if 30 in-person and/or virtual Whova sessions are attended/viewed.
- As with last year's Virtual Whova Event, we will provide a 30-Day Window in which to watch the pre-recorded video sessions.
Again, as soon as the new 2022 dates have been established, we will notify all NC SHAPE members, pre-registered individuals, and Vendors/Exhibitors in short order.
In Closing: We are sorry if this late, last-minute decision causes any upset to you and your fellow NC SHAPE friends. Again, as soon as we are able to determine the best course of action, we will be informing our NC SHAPE members, session presenters, and vendors of our decision.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Artie Kamiya (919.818.6486 or Artie@ncshape.org) as time permits.
Artie Kamiya, Executive Director
3509 Mossdale Avenue
Durham, NC 27707