NCAAHPERD and the national AAHPERD invite you to submit a presentation proposal for the 2013 American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance National Convention & Exposition. The North Carolina Alliance, in partnership with the Southern District AAHPERD, is hosting the 2013 national convention in Charlotte. Don't miss this opportunity to share your ideas and expertise with a national audience - without having to leave your home state!
National convention programming is based primarily on this annual Call for Proposals, bringing practical and relevant information to HPERD professionals and students. By featuring you and your peers as presenters, AAHPERD provides convention attendees with the strongest forum for information exchange, problem solving, and networking on a national level.
Deadline for Submissons: June 15, 2012
Proposals are now being accepted for:
• The five National Associations that comprise AAHPERD,
• The AAHE Research Coordinating Board, and
• The Joint Projects (Jump Rope For Heart/Hoops For Heart).
Proposals for the AAHPERD Research Consortium will be accepted in April, 2012.
Proposals received by the deadline will be forwarded to the appropriate national association’s program planning committee, which will include planners from Southern District AAHPERD and North Carolina AAHPERD. Your proposal will be evaluated on the following:
• Overall quality and innovation;
• National significance; relevance to health, physical education, recreation, or dance education disciplines;
• Well-defined focus;
• Sound research/theoretical basis; and practical applications of materials.
Final notification of acceptance will be forwarded to you from the reviewing association by September 28, 2012. If you have not received notification, contact the association to which you submitted.
Click here for more information.