Dear NCAAHPERD-SM Colleagues: We are currently in the process of re-booting the NCAAHPERD-SM Journal! The members of the Editorial Team include:
- Dr. Rennae Stowe (WSSU)
- Dr. Shonna Snyder (Gardner Webb)
- Dr. Robert Lyons (Queens University)
- Dr. Hal Walker (Elon University)
- Dr. Tom Collins (Chowan University)
- Dr. Kymm Ballard (Campbell University)
- Dr. Jim Hammond (Chowan University)
- Artie Kamiya, NCAAHPERD-SM
As members of the Editorial Team, we are writing to invite you to submit your research articles, teacher tips and strategies, advocacy articles and other manuscripts for consideration for publication in the journal. The journal is open access and carries no fees for publication. We want the New & Improved NCAAHPERD-SM Journal to be useful, practical and meaningful. As such, the intellectual property rights reside with you. Papers to be published in the NCAAHPERD-SM Journal may be based based on presentations made at the annual NCAAHPERD-SM State Convention, SHAPE America presentations or other events. However, you do not need to have attended an event in order to submit your article. We hope that you will consider the "New & Improved" NCAAHPERD-SM Journal as your next home for your work.
- April 30, 2019: All potential contributors e-mail Artie Kamiya stating your intent to submit an article with article title, short description, and target audience. Also include a short rationale as to why/how this benefits the general NCAAHPERD-SM membership.
- May 30, 2019: A tentative list of potential articles will be shared to the Editorial Team. Additional articles will be solicited as needed in order to have a well-round publication.
- June 30, 2019: All slated draft articles are to be submitted by this deadline. They will be reviewed to the Editorial Team with requests for needed changes to be provided to the contributors.
- July 30, 2019: All slated final draft articles are to be submitted by this deadline. They will be reviewed by the Editorial Team and placed in the publication queue.
- August 30, 2019: Draft NCAAHPERD-SM Journal reviewed by Editorial Team for review and feedback.
- October 1, 2019: NCAAHPERD-SM Journal is published!
Contact: Please contact Artie Kamiya as needed > email@example.com or (919) 818-6486.
My Best Regards,
Artie Kamiya, Acting Editor