It is with deep regret to announce the scheduled 2021 NC SHAPE State Convention has been postponed to March 13-15, 2022. The decision was made by the NC SHAPE Executive Committee as per the recommendation of the NC SHAPE Convention Committee, which consists of association officers and at-large members.
(1) March 13-15, 2022 Format: This is Sunday - Tuesday.
- Sunday will be our Board Meeting (11:00 - 1:00 PM) and Awards Gala (3:00 - 5:00 PM).
- Monday & Tuesday will be the two-State Convention dates.
- No Need to Re-Register: There is no need to Re-Register. Individuals who have pre-registered will have the option to transfer their State Convention fees to the new 2022 date or request a refund.
- If you have not registered, you may register here.
(2) Hybrid State Convention: We have also decided to use Whova to create a Hybrid State Convention by having session viewing open for a 30+ day period from March 13th - April 15th. This will allow for:
- Live, in-person sessions on March 14th and 15th at the Benton Convention Center.
- Live off-site presentations on Whova/Zoom on March 14th and 15th.
- Pre-Recorded videotaped sessions on Whova/Zoom on March 14th and 15th.
- Viewing by paid attendees through April 15th for up to 3.0 CEUs.
(3) 50% Smaller Space: Unfortunately, in order to re-schedule to this later date, we have had to reduce the number of live meeting rooms by 50%. In other words, Benton Convention Center did not have the ability to accommodate our regular use of both the Winston and Salem Ballroom Complexes for any viable 2022 dates.
- We will only be in the Winston Ballroom Complex.
- Presenters: This will cause a reduction in the number of “Live” presenters we will be able to accommodate. For this reason, all Associations have been asked to reduce the number of Live Sessons by 50% - in half. More details to follow...
- In order to ensure that all Association Presenters can still present in some form or fashion, we are asking the following:
- All Presenters submit a 45-minute video to Donna Woolard (Donna@ncshape.org) by January 31, 2022. These videos will be placed on Whova and will serve as a back-up if we are unable to proceed live and in-person.
- We also accommodate presenters who may want to present Virtually Off-Site.
- We realize the impact on everyone by changing dates at the last minute. We are sorry if these changes have caused any angst with you and/or your travel plans. If you have booked rooms at either the Embassy Suites or Marriott, please contact them as time permits.
- Also, if you feel the date and/or format changes do not fit with your 2022 schedule, please notify Chris Walker (Chris@ncshape.org) and Artie Kamiya (Artie@ncshape.org) as time permits.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Artie Kamiya (919.818.6486 or Artie@ncshape.org).
NC SHAPE 2022 Winter Meeting
Start Date: Saturday, March 12, 2022
End Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2022
Last Day to Book: Monday, February 14, 2022
Hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
Winston-Salem Marriott for 164 USD per night
Embassy Suites for 164 USD per night