2019 Edgar W. Hooks Jr. Young Professional Award
Jan 15, 2019 - Apr 15, 2019
This award provides the means through which the North Carolina Alliance recognizes young professionals who have demonstrated outstanding potential for teaching, scholarly productivity, and professional service.
Qualifications of candidates for the Hooks Award
- Candidates shall not be more than 39 years of age on November 1 of the year in which the award is presented.
- Candidates shall have earned at least a master's degree in one of the HPERD fields or have earned National Board certification.
- Candidates shall have held membership continuously in NCAAHPERD-SM for at least three years, including the current year.
- Candidates shall have held membership in the Society of Health and Physical Educators of America for the year prior to nomination and be a current member of SHAPE.
- Candidates shall be currently employed in North Carolina in one of the HPERD fields.
- Candidates shall have demonstrated outstanding potential in at least two of the following areas: teaching, scholarly productivity, and professional service, as reflected by publications, awards, or other recognition for achievement in teaching, coaching, performing or administration.
- Candidates should be persons of professional integrity who exemplify the spirit of service to the professions and who have by their leadership made a significant contribution to the advancement of the fields of NCAAHPERD-SM.
Please fill out the form completely and upload a picture for the program.
Members- login to your account, once you login click "New Submission".
Non-Members- click at the bottom "register", it is free to register as a guest.
THE DEADLINE FOR ALL AWARD NOMINATIONS IS 4/15 for each year.
To make a submission either: register